In the municipal area of Campos we can find three population centers: Campos, sa Ràpita and ses Covetes. What is more deeply rooted and has more activity is the town of Campos, which was founded in 1300 by King Jaime II, and has always been the most populated nucleus. Sa Rápita and Ses Covetes, being coastal centers, did not have great interest until the 70s of the last century, when tourism made Majorcans begin to look towards the sea. For many centuries, living near the shore was a danger and only the fishermen had their livelihood. The municipality of Campos was an agricultural and cattle town. The orchards produced, the mills filled the laundries and there was no lack of pasture for the milk-producing cows. This agrarian and cattle wealth made that the bell ringers, unlike other towns, were not in a hurry to adapt their municipality to the tourist demands. This fact, which may have been detrimental to economic development, has meant that today the bell coasts are one of the least damaged in Mallorca and that they have sandy areas with great landscape richness.